WIFS NYC Metro Presents: THE BIRDS AND THE BEES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY...
Eggs, Sperm, Surrogacy and What You Need to Know About the Law and Medicine When Making Babies
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS) invite you to a presentation about the ins and outs of surrogacy.
This event will be moderated by Marta Alfonso, a principal in the Litigation and Valuation Division at MBAF, and topics include:
Matters of Life and Death: ART and Estate Planning
Presented by Carole Bass
• Disposition and use of sperm, eggs and embryos post-death (providing for genetic material in your estate plan)
• ART children and outdated family definitions in Wills and Trusts
• Inheritance rights of posthumously conceived children
Sex, Test Tube Babies, and Eggs On Ice: What You Need To Know Today About Having Your Family Now Or Late
Presented by Serena Chen
Dr Chen, a board certified fertility specialist and Director of Reproductive Medicine at IRMS at Saint Barnabas, will discuss practical advice on conceiving a healthy pregnancy now, keeping your eggs healthy for the future, and whether or not freezing your eggs is really worth it.
Nuts and Bolts of Egg, Sperm and Gestational Surrogacy Agreements
Presented by Melissa Brisman.
• Discuss issues pertinent to all reproductive agreements such as confidentiality, liability and parental rights
• Discuss the need for experiences attorneys on both sides
• Discuss the need for a multi-disciplinary team
To Register, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-birds-and-the-bees-for-the-21st-century-eggs-sperm-surrogacy-and-what-you-need-to-know-about-tickets-16885536093
If you have any questions, please contact Donna Hawkins, WIFS NYC Metro Chapter at 917-868-9488 or dhawkins[at]sdlbrokerage.com.